Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- “Children are made readers in the laps of their parents,” said Emilie Buchwald and I definitely believe it. My mother read to me, my mother loved reading, and loved words, and loved the excitement of new ideas that were opened up to us in books.Read More »
- The ocean speaks to me -- with power, beauty, peace, fertility; and endless playful opportunity.Read More »
- When I share my books, I come away with feelings of exuberance and gratitude that I’ve had the chance.Read More »
- Number sense is the understanding of what numbers mean, to say it very simply. Early practice with counting and combining can lead to understanding of much more complex ideas later.Read More »
- Pelly is my book companion. Whenever I go out to a book event, Pelly goes with me.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.