Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
About Nelly’s Quilt
My 6 year old daughter and I loved this newest addition to the Pelican Family book series! Nelly’s Quilt is a story that encourages all of us, regardless of our age (and species), to spread kindness and generosity, to figuratively “pay it forward”.
This new book in the series is a favorite of my granddaughter. She enjoyed reading it to her 3rd grade class at school. The theme of kindness is much appreciated as a positive influence in children’s lives.
As Nelly needs and receives help with her problem, she learns to be watchful for ways to give kindness to others! And she brightens her world and the world of others with her thoughtfulness!
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Helping children learn how to develop friendships is something we wanted to do. Our goal was to present ideas about friendship to kids, through the silly antics of these two pelicans, and their conversation with each other.Read More »
- Nelly has a story to tell, but she doesn't yet have a book! Who knew that each of the ten pelicans in the Counting Book would have their own story?Read More »
- "This is your life. This place. This minute. Find the joy in it," says this70-year-old retired teacher and children's book author.Read More »
- It's a blue-sky, sunny day and we are going to the beach. When we get there, we are going to build a sandcastle! It's going to be fun!Read More »
- Today is my mother's birthday. She passed away many years ago. Had she lived, she would have been 111 today. I learned many things from my mother, I believe, even though she and I had very different lives in very different times.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.