Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
About Nelly’s Quilt
My 6 year old daughter and I loved this newest addition to the Pelican Family book series! Nelly’s Quilt is a story that encourages all of us, regardless of our age (and species), to spread kindness and generosity, to figuratively “pay it forward”.
This new book in the series is a favorite of my granddaughter. She enjoyed reading it to her 3rd grade class at school. The theme of kindness is much appreciated as a positive influence in children’s lives.
As Nelly needs and receives help with her problem, she learns to be watchful for ways to give kindness to others! And she brightens her world and the world of others with her thoughtfulness!
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- “Children are made readers in the laps of their parents,” said Emilie Buchwald and I definitely believe it. My mother read to me, my mother loved reading, and loved words, and loved the excitement of new ideas that were opened up to us in books.Read More »
- "This is your life. This place. This minute. Find the joy in it," says this70-year-old retired teacher and children's book author.Read More »
- Will you and your family take the challenge that we introduce in Delly and the Beach Town Healthy Alphabet Challenge? Add fresh fruits and vegetables to your monthly grocery lists.Read More »
- The ocean speaks to me -- with power, beauty, peace, fertility; and endless playful opportunity.Read More »
- Babies start out really early comparing things. For instance, very soon they know the difference between mom and dad and the rest of the people in their environment. They show this by what they do when Mom and Dad come into their view.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.