Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Small, independent stores have helped me with my twelve-year plus project to be a self-published author of children's books.Read More »
- Pelly is my book companion. Whenever I go out to a book event, Pelly goes with me.Read More »
- I’ve been thinking about my mother’s hands and all the things they did that were the foundation for my life. And so I share with you . . .Read More »
- What tools does a child need to assemble the prizes that lead to learning and opportunities in life? This post focuses on another, related tool for learning, OBSERVING. Our brains develop and expand by observing.Read More »
- It is the week of World Storytelling Day. As we honor the great tradition of oral storytelling, let us not forget that we are all storytellers. Younger people are listening and watching what we say and do. May we do that in a way that helps us live together in harmony in our communities and in our world.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.