Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- The Power of Rich Experiences “Children Learn Best Through Rich Experiences” said the time-faded newspaper clipping of an ad I had placed way back in the late 70’s or early 80’s. At that time I was running a small in-homeRead More »
- Follow along as I explore the history of my ancestors and the interesting stories of those that came before us.Read More »
- New Technology is everywhere! What can we do to prepare our children for a future we know nothing about?Read More »
- Observing scents around us enhances the enjoyment and understanding of our world. When we talk to our children about what we are observing, they learn to connect what they are noticing, too. Aromas are connected to memories of our past. What are some of your Happy Scents?Read More »
- Establishing a relationship of communication with your child allows you to check in on their daily experiences and feelings, encourage and support them as they learn to interact with the world, demonstrate healthy communication techniques and form an openness with your child that you'll both be thankful for as you get older.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.