Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Our brains are gathering a tremendous amount of information. Does it help us live better? Or does it mess up our lives? How does a child make sense of all this to learn and grow into a healthy, confident person?Read More »
- Pelly is my book companion. Whenever I go out to a book event, Pelly goes with me.Read More »
- I have been doing the Writers of Kern Dan McGuire Blog Post Challenge of writing 26 posts in 13 weeks. I have finished 19. Usually I am in the process of finishing one post and I have another rolling around in my head, ready to be worked on. That process suddenly stopped. What should my next blog post be about?Read More »
- Fact or Fiction? Real or Make-Believe? These are questions we all ponder daily. And, now, with so much technology widely available, it is even more difficult to determine. In our books, we put Real and Make-Believe side-by-side.Read More »
- “Children are made readers in the laps of their parents,” said Emilie Buchwald and I definitely believe it. My mother read to me, my mother loved reading, and loved words, and loved the excitement of new ideas that were opened up to us in books.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.