Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- You can tell from looking at our book covers that we love color. Along with giving books this time of year (or any time for that matter), art supplies are always a winner, and this website seemed to have all kinds of great ideas.Read More »
- We all benefit when people are recognized for doing good work and showing concern and kindness. This recognition can come in many forms -- a spoken remark, an e-mail or message, or a written note, Happy Notes.Read More »
- What would you be willing to teach for?Read More »
- I’ll just wait until my child starts school to get an education. WRONG! The child began his or her education from the moment of birth, (or before).Read More »
- Today is my mother's birthday. She passed away many years ago. Had she lived, she would have been 111 today. I learned many things from my mother, I believe, even though she and I had very different lives in very different times.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.