Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
About Nelly’s Quilt
My 6 year old daughter and I loved this newest addition to the Pelican Family book series! Nelly’s Quilt is a story that encourages all of us, regardless of our age (and species), to spread kindness and generosity, to figuratively “pay it forward”.
This new book in the series is a favorite of my granddaughter. She enjoyed reading it to her 3rd grade class at school. The theme of kindness is much appreciated as a positive influence in children’s lives.
As Nelly needs and receives help with her problem, she learns to be watchful for ways to give kindness to others! And she brightens her world and the world of others with her thoughtfulness!
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Kindness can be one of the most powerful lessons we learn. Teach your children. Demonstrate to your family. When's the last time you did something just because?Read More »
- It is the week of World Storytelling Day. As we honor the great tradition of oral storytelling, let us not forget that we are all storytellers. Younger people are listening and watching what we say and do. May we do that in a way that helps us live together in harmony in our communities and in our world.Read More »
- We all need playtime "Play is essential to development because it contributes to the cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being of children and youth. Play also offers an ideal opportunity for parents to engage fully with their children."Read More »
- Three things every parent can do with their children from birth are talking, reading, and singing. These three things are brain-boosting winners!Read More »
- Today is my mother's birthday. She passed away many years ago. Had she lived, she would have been 111 today. I learned many things from my mother, I believe, even though she and I had very different lives in very different times.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.