Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- My grandson and I went on a picture walk. I was the photographer, he was the director (as he often is at this age of 4). He pointed out what he wanted pictures of, I took them...Read More »
- Nelly has a story to tell, but she doesn't yet have a book! Who knew that each of the ten pelicans in the Counting Book would have their own story?Read More »
- When I'm at home, and wherever I go I watch for birds. I love to see them, learn about them, and write about them.Read More »
- "This is your life. This place. This minute. Find the joy in it," says this70-year-old retired teacher and children's book author.Read More »
- The Power of Rich Experiences “Children Learn Best Through Rich Experiences” said the time-faded newspaper clipping of an ad I had placed way back in the late 70’s or early 80’s. At that time I was running a small in-homeRead More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.