Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Today is my mother's birthday. She passed away many years ago. Had she lived, she would have been 111 today. I learned many things from my mother, I believe, even though she and I had very different lives in very different times.Read More »
- Find out about Margaret Peggy Pace Lark who was my first early Pace ancestor born in America.Read More »
- Just buying a book and sitting it on a shelf isn’t going to do a thing. What’s important is the interaction between you and your child as you read to him/her every day. Your child learns that reading and discussion are so important that the most essential and significant person in their lives takes time to sit down and do it with them.Read More »
- “The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the smarter you grow. The smarter you grow, the stronger your voice, In speaking your mind and making your choice.”Read More »
- Number sense is the understanding of what numbers mean, to say it very simply. Early practice with counting and combining can lead to understanding of much more complex ideas later.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.