Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Just buying a book and sitting it on a shelf isn’t going to do a thing. What’s important is the interaction between you and your child as you read to him/her every day. Your child learns that reading and discussion are so important that the most essential and significant person in their lives takes time to sit down and do it with them.Read More »
- Opportunity! What can we do to help our children acquire the tools they will need for learning?Read More »
- "Keep a poem in your pocket, and a picture in your head and you'll never feel lonely at night when you're in bed," says Beatrice Schenk de Regniers. Why don't you put a poem in your child's pocket?Read More »
- Grandparents hold a very unique position-- lots of love and, often, a bit more time, plus usually not facing the unceasing demands put upon parents by the care of young children. Here are a few ideas I have found successful to help connect your grandchildren to the joys of reading and learning.Read More »
- “The more you read, the more you know. The more you know, the smarter you grow. The smarter you grow, the stronger your voice, In speaking your mind and making your choice.”Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.