Children's Books For Ages 0 - 9
Nelly’s Quilt is the third book we have in the Pelican series. My granddaughter, a first grader, was delighted with her new book! She was able to read it to me almost completely by herself. I am a retired teacher and enjoy the different topics of discussion that we have during and after reading. This book gave us conversations about sharing, kindness to others, art and photography, and sewing a colorful quilt.
Follow along as the author reads Pelly and Melly Best Friends
Recommended Blog Posts
- Follow along as I explore the history of my ancestors and the interesting stories of those that came before us.Read More »
- I have been doing the Writers of Kern Dan McGuire Blog Post Challenge of writing 26 posts in 13 weeks. I have finished 19. Usually I am in the process of finishing one post and I have another rolling around in my head, ready to be worked on. That process suddenly stopped. What should my next blog post be about?Read More »
- Today is my mother's birthday. She passed away many years ago. Had she lived, she would have been 111 today. I learned many things from my mother, I believe, even though she and I had very different lives in very different times.Read More »
- How did you get started writing children’s books? And, Why did you decide to write about pelicans? My answer to the first question most people seem to understand right away...Read More »
- The ocean speaks to me -- with power, beauty, peace, fertility; and endless playful opportunity.Read More »
Get The Help You Need
Children who are read to at home enjoy substantial life advantages over those who are not.